Friday, March 20, 2009

March 19th – Day 19

Well I've just been for a run with my fancy watch. Turns out it's either so fancy that I can't figure out the instructions or else it's broken. I'm usually pretty good with instructions so I think it's acting up. It has no problem telling the time but I can't seem to successfully set an interval time, which is what I need to do at the moment. On the bright side, Ciara lent me her iPod for the duration of my run so I didn't have to exercise in silence.

FYI – my post experiment shopping list is beginning to shape up nicely and so far contains:

  1. An egg poacher
  2. An iPod Shuffle
  3. A heart rate monitor watch (should I be unable to figure this one out)

***

€22.69 on Petrol, Water and a bag of Popcorn en route to DCU. My car and my belly required sustenance.

€1.70 on a cup of peppermint tea. Not something I'd usually indulge in in DCU but I had just spent close to two hours freezing my ass off in a lecture theatre which made me thing of penguins in the Antarctic. Convinced my lips were about to turn blue I thought it best to warm up with a nice cuppa before lecture two – which thankfully was in a warmer lecture theatre.

***

I had to darken the doorstep of Tesco Rathfarnham on my way home today. God I hate that place. Besides the fact that I believe Tesco to be the root of all evil, I can never find anything there and even after its recent makeover it still looks like it's straight out of the 70s. Very uninspiring. I needed smoked salmon, peas, asparagus, a red pepper and tomatoes. I left with the smoked salmon and the peas. The asparagus and pepper were nowhere to be found and my anger at this was so pronounced that I forgot the tomatoes. I was also freezing again after circling the refrigerated fruit and veg section for so long. If I hadn't been in such a hurry I'd have driven out of my way to go to the fruit and veg shop or SuperValu. I don't care how rushed I am next time, I'm driving past understocked, underwarm nasty Tesco.

€8.62 to the evil multinational.

Total spent today €33.01 and my patience with Tesco.

Not Spent – Whatever asparagus, a red pepper and tomatoes cost (unintentional).

1 comment: