Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 13 – March 13th

I'm worried about my iPod. It's seriously acting up and I need it for my running. My original one died a few months ago but I still had the Nano to keep me going. Now, however, it seems to have taken on a mind of its own; stopping, pausing and skipping songs whenever the mood takes it. Whether I'd want to buy a replacement now while I'm not shopping isn't even worth consideration as I can't afford one anyway. I had planned to replace my original iPod when I was in the States in June but now may need to replace Nano instead as it's a little more portable and run-friendly. That reminds me – I need to root out my fancy running watch/heart rate monitor thingie which I acquired the last time I dove into the world of running. I hope I can find it. I'm pretty sure it's in my room somewhere but I suspect it may need a new battery – am I allowed to buy one?

***

My iPod is not acting up – it is dead - and I need to go out for a run. I think I might cry. I also can't find the watch. Found the heart rate monitor bit but no timing device. I now have to go out and run 7 minutes, walk 2 and repeat with no watch and no music. Disaster.

***

Back from run – is it bad that all I could think about on my way around were all the nice new shiny things I am going to buy either when this experiment is over or when I have the money. Clearly an iPod is on my list, but after being reduced to using my phone to time my progress around Rathfarnham (a substandard solution at best) I now also have designs on a fancy new heart rate/distance monitor/watch thingie. In some ways I'm glad of the constraints put on my shopping. This way, instead of running out (pardon the pun) and buying loads of fancy new equipment for my new career as an Olympic athlete, I can press pause on the frantic spending and actually wait and see whether I stick with the running this time.

***

Ciara has just arrived home from NI with what can only be described as a feast of Organic fruit and veg from Sainsburys. Yum! My shopping list for tomorrow has just been reduced to oranges, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, mushrooms and perhaps some parsnips. I may also have to invest in some motillium and dyoralyte as I'll be needing them to help me cope with Sunday's hangover. I have declared Saturday "moratorium day". Our class night out has been planned for months and as I'm chief organiser and minister, for fun it wouldn't be right for me not to show up. However, other than this "I really have to be there" argument, I haven't exactly figured out a decent excuse to justify my foodie/boozy expenditure so a moratorium has been declared and I'm off out to enjoy myself and spend all my cash on a fancy dinner and lots of wine and champers.

***

Score! While looking for my black nail polish I just found some more moisturiser! Only about 3-4 days worth but valuable nonetheless!

4 comments:

  1. Have you considered looking into your phone contract to see if an iPhone would be cheaper or similar costs? That way you would have the necessary running programs, iPod and phone all in one... without the cost of separate technology?

    Also on the make up front - if you use lovelula.com (refer to previous mentions of this site!!) then you can order make up (full animal free/environmentally friendly/organic) earn valuable purchasing points for future freebies and get loads of free samples with all of your purchases... I would recommend it. Delivery to the door too, with a carbon offset option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one - have planned to look into iPhone when the time comes. Depends on how much the initial charge is but yes - it would save me having to buy an iPod.

    Will def look into the makeup - is it expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Aoife broke it when she was chucking it across the floor, and you were saying "no it's fine, let her do it!!" Fool! Orna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol - well if that's the case then it's entirely my own fault! She was just so entertaining I coudln't take the iPod away!

    ReplyDelete