Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 17 – March 17th – St Patrick’s Day

Well it's low key paddy's day!

The morning has been spent watching TV online. It's a beautiful day though so it's time for action. Am about to go to the park with the dogs, meet Helen for a cuppa and then perhaps partake in some family feeding time. Aim for today is to spend nothing. Should be easy as I have nothing to spend!

***

Well my day of making zero transactions has been a resounding success. I had a lovely day in the company of various people and of course, the dogs. Became very excited at one point when my brother told me I could have his old iPod shuffle. I thought all of my running concerns had been resolved. Not so. He had lent it to a friend a few months ago and upon requesting it back discovered that it had been lost. When I suggested getting aforementioned friend to replace the stray shuffle, he informed me that as he had another iPod now, he'd rather be reimbursed for the value of the missing item. Makes perfect sense for brother but still leaves me in the unenviable position of being tuneless on my runs. Brother also believes that a replacement iPod is a necessary item – I'm not so convinced! Am about to go to bed but I feel a quick search for some Nokia accessories is now in order as tomorrow I have to figure out how to download some peppy music to my phone.

***

How exciting! Not only have I just located all the cables and wires needed for music-phone synchronisation, I have also unearthed my fancy heart rate monitor/watch thingie that, try as I might, I could not lay my hands upon the other day. As I thought, it needs a battery, but once it's charged up and ready to go I suspect I too will have the energy and stamina of a Duracell Bunny. When you've got the gadgets you just feel the part and that has to be worth at least another kilometre on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment