Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 15 – March 15th

It's been a relatively quiet day on the spending front, though after yesterday I'm officially poverty-stricken. It didn't help that the search for a money stocked ATM in the taxi at 4.30 in the morning took us to five ATMs and ended up doubling the cost of the fare from €12 to €24. Most inconvenient. I suppose what was even more inconvenient was the fact that I came home phoneless. However the Good Samaritan who came across it on the floor in Club Nassau last night went to great lengths to find me and I retrieved it from Pearce Street Garda Station this evening. How nice of him.

I did however do some deputised shopping today. Ever since the family discovered the wonderful world of Skype, we've been having great chats with my brother in Australia. He's been waving down his webcam at us from Perth but alas, as we had no webcam there was no waving from the Dublin contingent. This changed yesterday as I skipped into Harvey Norman with mum's purse and handed over €45 of her hard earned cash in exchange for a little dinky camera. Waving ensued, the camera was then pointed at the dogs so barking ensued and visitors to the house were also summoned to the kitchen to greet Australia based Stephen. Technology, it was agreed, is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment