Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day 6 - March 6th

March 6th

This is what I was afraid of…turning into a scrounger. I didn’t stop buying stuff so my friends would start buying on my behalf. I’m now in deep discussions with Lizzie as she’s decided to buy me a ticket to Spring Break as an “Easter Surprise” - Instead of an Easter egg. Funny, because I don’t think Liz and I have a tradition of exchanging eggs. Kinder surprises perhaps, but not big delicious eggy treats filled with chocolaty goodness. And clearly it’s not going to be a surprise…
Anyway, I’m in college all packed for my trip to Bedford. Handbaggage under the maximum 10kg limit is beside me. I’m armed with the Holy Bible according to Judith Levine and my book club book, on loan from the Library of course. The lovely bus driver only charged me €1.15 this morning, because it’s Friday apparently. Silly me didn’t have the exact change though so Dublin bus got €1.50 off me anyway. Boo Hiss. Let that be a lesson to me in forward planning and organisation.

Speaking of forward planning, my bus to the airport should be outside Belfield at 3.20.

***

The food which I lovingly spooned into a lunchbox this morning has just been binned. Malodorous does not begin to describe the stench emanating from my bag. Somewhere between sour milk and feet is about the closest I can come to describing it. As a result I’ve just forked out €3.95 on some delicious soup and the customary 2 slices of bread. I did however notice that my coffee loyalty card was full so free Cappuccino for Cathy this lunchtime! Yey!

***

Have just refilled my water bottle and am about to head to the airport on the cheap bus – no aircoach comforts for me. Realised that in about an hour or so my bottle will be at the bottom of some bin beside security. What a waste. You’d think that if it’s empty they’d let you take it on the plane. What am I going to do? Hijack a plane by hitting someone over the head with an empty plastic bottle? Rediculous.

***

Am on the 746 at last. For a grim moment there I thought Dublin bus was going to be letting me down and I’d be back on the aircoach forking out €7 for a service that I hate almost as much as Ryanair after my run-in with a driver last year.

I just hope my lovely bus driver is a bit of a speedie Gonzalez. In my haste to down my bottle of water pre-security, I neglected to remember that I wouldn’t be near a toilet for at least another hour. Pulling in at Donnybrook garage to swap shifts with another driver didn’t fill my bladder with much hope but now he suddenly seems to have turned into Lewis Hamilton.

€2.50 for the bus to the Airport. (€2.20 for bus and the extra 30 cent ‘cause I didn’t have the right change AGAIN).


***

€3.85 to change €60.25 into £50 at the airport.

Have rid myself of my water bottle and am determined not to buy another one till I’m back this side of security on Sunday.

Total spent today - €11.80 (bus fairs, food and changing money)
Not spent €9.70 - (€7 on the aircoach, €2.70 on coffee)

No comments:

Post a Comment