Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 1 – March 1st 2009

Today I took up "Not Shopping". The plan is to only buy necessities for a 2 month period in an effort to better understand what my research subjects will be going through - if I ever get any...

I can't think of anything I specifically didn't buy today however I did spend €1.83 on custard to go with the dessert I made and brought to my friend's for dinner. Part of me feels that as it's a food item and as we needed to eat it falls within the jurisdiction of things I can buy. Another part of me doesn't see dessert as necessary so perhaps I shouldn't have bought it. I don't know. Need to properly define the parameters soon.

I also accidently pledged €15 to a present that was being bought, in part on my behalf, for Vincent's new baby. If I'd been thinking I would have realised that this was a no no and I really should have made or concocted a present out of a toilet roll insert and a fairy liquid bottle (Blue Peter eat your heart out!). However I wasn't thinking and completely forgot about my endeavour so will have to let this slip up pass. Not a great start though.

Another deliberate slip up will also take place in the next couple of days. I attempted to buy flights last week but failed as the CC was maxed out. I've since found out that they've gone up by €20. Dedicated as I am to the cause, I refuse to wait 2 more months to book flights I'm definitely going to take only to find out that they've increased in price by another €100 or so.

So day 1 roundup:

Spent: €16.83 (custard and Sorcha's prezzie)

Didn't spend: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment