Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 24 - march 24th

I seem to be awake today. This is good progress. I still opted for a little kick start cappuccino - €2.50 – that I think I now feel guilty about as I really didn’t need it. A tea would have been perfectly acceptable; cheaper, bigger, less fattening and with a slightly more moderate level of caffeine. I do love an insomnia coffee though. Now if only I could train myself to enjoy it without the frothy milk, I would save myself cash and calories. I did it with tea; surely I can banish milk from my coffee too. Will think about it – I really do love the froth though…..
Went to by soup for my lunch only to discover I was due a free one- yey! Broccoli and Feta. Wasn’t what I expected but satisfying all the same.

The tingling started about an hour ago and now I’m sitting here with a full blown, mammoth cold sore on my bottom lip. Fantastic - not only do I now look repulsive, but the tingling has turned into itching and I may need to tape my hands behind my back to stop myself from touching it. I feel like poor Phoebe in that episode of “Friends” where she and Charlie Sheen get the Chicken Pox and had to duct tape each other into pairs of oven gloves. I think the thing I hate most about cold sores is how speedy and inconsiderate the little feckers are. As a result, the fact that I have a few tubes of Zovirax at home is irrelevant. I’m never there or in a position to speed back when they strike. It’s now 2pm and I won’t be home till about 10ish so an emergency trip to the chemist is my only option. Though even now I’m probably too late for it to have any pre-emptive effect. I better inform the boys – no kissing for Scabby Lips for a few days. I can hear hearts breaking all over the world as I type…..

€7.80 for a 2g tube of Viralief. Pharmacist lady informed me that though it was €2.50 cheaper than Zoviraz, it contained the exact same stuff. After assuring me of this fact for the third time I went for the Viralief. It just goes to show the power of the brand. Had she not been there to assuage my fears around picking the cheaper, more generic product I’d have forked out the extra cash on the more expensive branded one – and I worked in marketing! I should know better.

€2.20 on parking outside Fay’s house. I used up all the coins I had, but was only paid up till 6.35pm so had to leave my little micra in a rather vulnerable position for the last 25 minutes of the designated pay and display hours. I felt like I was playing a type of parking Russian roulette with my car and it didn’t sit easily with me. Thankfully when I got back to “Elizabeth” a few hours later there were no tickets strategically placed under the wipers and even better, no bright yellow clamp secured around my back wheel.

In bed now with my diseased lip and tube of viralief at close hand.

Total spent today - €12.50 – Coffee, Viralief and parking,

No comments:

Post a Comment