Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 12- March 12th

Uuuuugh – I'm sick again. It's 7.20 and I've been awake for the past hour with tummy aches. God, that makes me sound like a 5 year old. Anyway, the point is, I'm lecturing today so have no option to lay in bed awaiting a soup bearing Mother. I had planned to be a martyr to the cause and drive out to DCU though town today, thus avoiding the toll on the M50, but adding the guts of an hour to my journey. I can safely say that this will no longer be happening as my guts can't take the extra guts of an hour. I also need to buy Motillium in the hope that it will sort out dodgy tummy. So in a few hours time I will be spending:

€2.80 x2 on the toll bridge

€? On Motillium

Woe is me :(

***

Have made it home. I'm still alive and didn't even stop for the motillium, more out of laziness than a need not to spend money. Just got a text from Shoshanna, my lovely friend and Avon lady, informing me that the makeup which I ordered a few weeks ago has arrived. Nothing fancy, just some loose powder, concealer and mascara to replace the old stuff which, of course, all ran out within a few days of each other. The bare essentials if you will. Indeed, I do recollect, a time back in school, many mascaras ago, where makeup was strictly verboten (lest we actually begin to look like humans instead of trolls in our ugly green kilts). Clearly we ignored this rule and the essentials, and their application became an integral part of our day. Consisting simply of some concealer, powder, mascara, perhaps a little lip balm if we were feeling fruity and topped off with a squirt of white musk, these essentials got us through some tough acne prone times. If these accoutrements were essential half my life ago, I think I can safely say they still fall into the category of necessary.

€34.70 (Pretty much what a stick of YSL Radiant Touch costs so have saved money by defecting to Avon)


Total Spent today - €40.30 (Makeup and Tolls).

Not spent – whatever Motillium costs.

3 comments:

  1. Its "only" €2.50 on the toll bridge if you sign up for a video account! You do have to give them a credit/laser card and they automatically deduct the total charge at the end of every month.
    Papa Smurf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm - I have one of those e-flow tags but I thought they were charging me €2.80. Is the video account an even fancier version?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think if you drop home you might be able to find some motillium however boiled seven up might do the trick.

    ReplyDelete