Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 14 – March 14th – “Moratorium Day”

So I'm sitting here watching the Man Utd – Liverpool match on my soon to be cancelled Sky Sports. Have been for my run, sans iPod and believe me it's so much tougher without some tunes to keep me going up the hills. I'm pretty sure I can download music to my phone so that may be my mission for tomorrow. This will initially involve foraging for a few cables and my Nokia earphones. I'm praying this search will be the most challenging part of the procedure. I just hope my phone can take it. It's been acting up lately and if it too dies I'll be in serious trouble. The passing of my two iPods and the degenerative virus afflicting my phone has got me thinking about my future telecommunication and music needs. I'm thinking perhaps a move to O2 could be a money saver and were I to make the switch I could then invest in an iPhone, negating the need for a new iPod. As running with an iPhone is not ideal, when I'm stateside in June I think I will also invest in a dinky iPod Shuffle for very few dollars. Then I'll be all set.

Half an hour gone and it's 1-1 – come on Liverpool….

I've also been out and about this morning buying a few bits in the greengrocers and doing some preparation for my moratorium boozing. Lord knows how, but even after Ciara coming back with half of Sainsbury's yesterday I still managed to spend €27.26 on fruit, veg, beans, eggs and veggie sausages. Upon analysing my receipt, the berries, eggs and veggie sausages seem to have been the biggest offenders. I then moved on to mum's where I thieved some redoxin. Last stop was the chemist for dioralyte and motilium €6.50. These last few messages were all procured with the intention of quashing any hangover that may dare to darken my life tomorrow. Redoxin for the Vit C, Motilium for the tum and doioralyte for the dehydration (I already have Pannadol for the head should it be required). I refuse to give up my Sunday to the after effects of Moratorium Day.

Had a bit of a purchasing dilemma in the Chemist though. After stealing the Redoxin from mum's kitchen, I spotted that the Pharmaton Active G was on offer. Buy one get one free. I stood there with them in my had for about 2 minutes mulling over my vitamin requirements for the foreseeable future. Eventually I decided that the purchase was unnecessary and therefore not allowed. Back they went to the shelf and out I walked with just what had been on my list.

2-1 to Liverpool – Wohoo! That'll learn Dad for taking Joe instead of me. Just got a text from them at Old Trafford telling me I'd be killed if I were there! Atmosphere tense!

Moratorium Day will begin in about three hours. A drink or two during the rugby, dinner with wine and maybe some champers and then on to the pub. You may be able to take the girl out of the experiment; however, you just can't take the experiment out of the girl. I'm bringing a naggon of Vodka and some 7up out with me for later! Doesn't really go with the "Fancy" theme of the day but it may be more of a necessity than anything else as I suspect that once dinner is paid for I may well be down to my last few pennies!

Total spent so far today: €33.76

Not Spent: €5.95 on BOGOF Active G

Half Time

FT : 4-1 – Glorious day!

***

Ok – so moratorium day is almost over It's nearly 5 in the morning and between pre dinner drinks during the rugby, dinner & drinks, Karaoke and drinks, dancing and drinks, taxi and chipper I reckon I've spent about €160. A scandal.

No comments:

Post a Comment