Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 5 – March 5th

So I've spent much of this evening exploring the roads of Northside Dublin, with particular emphasis on Collins Avenue and the N2. The reason behind this unexpected spell of exploration stems from a case of the guilts I've been dealing with since my little e-flow taggie beeped this morning as I zoomed over the toll bridge, informing me that I'd just spent €2 to get from one side of the city to the other. Since then, I've been back to town, out to Finglas and back home again to Rathfarnham, all the while avoiding the evil tolls.

I had another little coup while trying to find parking at the IFSC. As numerous oversized cars and jeeps were queuing to get into Jury's carpark, I spotted an itty bitty spot at the pay and display area, much too small for most cars to even attempt to squeeze into. With a certain sense of pride I deftly and skilfully manoeuvred my Micra into said space and proceeded to sit in my car for 20 minutes before deciding that it was finally time to pay and display and go meet my family.

Parking: €2 (as opposed to the €5 Jury's would have set me back).

Dinner with the family in Milano, where I gleefully produced my "buy one get one free" pizza voucher, saving dad a good €12. Apparently Wayne Rooney and Collen are fans of the voucher, so what's good enough for the Rooneys is good enough for the McGourans.

Back out in Finglas Fiona came up with the discovery of the day, free hair colouring in L'oreal. Because I'm worth it don't you know! Details should be forthcoming and will definitely go a long way towards combating the roots issue that was concerning me, particularly in the run up to Niall and Emma's wedding. I really wasn't looking forward to the two-tone hair look. It actually would have been bad enough by then to detract attention from the Bride.

Total spent today €4 (toll bridge and parking).

Not spent: €8 (€3 extra in Jury's carpark, €3 on the port tunnel, €2 on the toll bridge).

Saved Dad €12

In all seriousness though, that parking... it really was some manoeuvre…

3 comments:

  1. well done on the parking!!! We all know your brilliant at it! its the stuff that occurs between the parking - that keeps me a wake at night! LOL

    So my consuming thought for you today is - how are you going to justify having a cleaner??? Or is she on a break???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote about Marina the other day. I'm not sending her on a break for 2 months. Times are tough and she needs to earn a living. Also, she's in demand and if I let her go I might not get her back! Besides - you should see the apt....Necessary? I think so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my god this is amazing!!!! i'm totally part of the blogging world-Cathy how you open my technological horizons!!!!!!i'm behind you all the way-you can always come over to mine for free singstar abba(could even be better than spring break) entertainment and some grub. well down on your thriftiness so far!!!

    ReplyDelete