Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 16 – March 16th

I just forked out €35 to register for the Great Ireland Run. I think I feel sick. Writing down my expenditure is actually a very disturbing process. Will get a stamp later and send off a chq for €22 for the Mini Marathon. Had been planning to raise money for charity for one or both of the runs. I guess now my aim is to make back more than I spent on entering the flippin things. All I can say is the goodie bags better be impressive and the medals made of solid gold!

€57 on the races, 55 cent on a stamp, 10 cent on an envelope and €1.05 on a tin of sweetcorn for my Chilli.

***

Oh god, I'm mortified. Was on my way to pick up the dogs for a walk when I realised I had almost no petrol. Put in a tenner's worth and as I had no cash on me, handed over the Visa only for it to be declined. How embarrassing. I knew I was up near my limit after registering for the run and taking €50 out on it on Saturday night but thought I might just squeeze in the petrol. No such luck. Thank goodness I had my emergency €20 at home and was able to run back and get it. I think I was still red with the mortification when I returned 5 minutes later. It's moments like this that make me regret reducing my limit down to €500. But in hindsight I always know it was a good thing!

Total spent today €68.70 and some dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment