Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 3 – March 3rd



Am sitting here at my desk staring at my disturbingly orange flask which is brimful of boiling water. This rather 70s retro looking thermos was procured from my parents' house at 8am this morning. Upon further inquiry it transpires that it's not so much retro as "antique", originally the property of my dearly departed great-aunt who was reportedly a fan of picnicking. Though old (and orange) I have no reason to doubt its capacity to maintain the heat of my water so I can take pleasure in a few free cups of tea today. After all, I too hail from the 70s and I still function at a moderately acceptable level. Even so, I'm sure I caught someone laughing at flaskie this morning as I carried it over from the carpark.

Along with aforementioned flask, I have also remembered tea-bags today. Two peppermint and two regular. They will be consumed from my Niagra Falls "Cathy" mug, bought in Canada about 5 years ago, which I have also brought with me. Have also stocked up on fruit for snacking and veg for soup which will be made tonight. Organisation is clearly key.

Expenditure so far today:

Petrol - €20 (need to start thinking about cycling more).

Bleach and Loo Paper - €10.52 (12 rolls for the price of 9 – bargain!)

Fruit and Veg - €11.32

***

I've been here for an hour but don't want to make my tea as I feel like a spa with my bright orange flask.

***

Another €3.95 on Soup and bread for lunch – tomorrow I'll have my own with me.

13.50 - Dying for a cuppa but still avoiding flaskie.

***

14.10 – Tea brewed. Impressed with Flaskie – water still warm. Tea tastes a little odd but maybe that's because flaskie hasn't been used since the 70s.

I've decided against going to Weight Watchers or the Cinema this evening. WW I can do without for a couple of months (I hope). Besides, I have learned that every time you donate blood you lose a pound so I'm all set for this week! I haven't however relegated the Cinema to the realms of frivolity just yet. I'm still trying to decide how to classify it.

Have just realised that by tomorrow I'll be a walking advertisement for Thermos: "Flaskie" for tea and a slightly more state of the art "Thermo" for soup. Also just found out that flaskie only holds enough water for a mug and a half of tea. This is an upsetting development L

***

19.30 - Still in college and was starving so went for food - €5.50 for a pretty substandard veggie burger, peas and carrots. Pathetic meal, ridiculous price. I may still be hungry. They should really have paid me to eat that muck.

***

22.30 – Just home and in no mood to start peeling veg for soup. Thermo will have to wait another day for his outing as tomorrow's soup will have to be courtesy of Insomnia again.


Total spent today: €51.29

Not spent: €21ish (About €4 on coffee and tea. Thank you flaskie. €10 on Weight Watchers and about €7 on the cinema.)


3 comments:

  1. Ah, Poor Cathy. How will you ever justify spending money on Beer. It is not like you can make your own....!!! And no you cannot justify making chocolate vodka... You will break lent... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Flaskie really is from the 70's did you steal it from Marty McFly when he came back in time! LOL I recon it could be worth a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm desperately trying to figure out whether there is a way to justify the booze! Judith Levine's hubby made his own wine but I feel that may be a wee bit out of my league.

    As for flaskie, I think it's leaking 'cause Marty accidentally hit it off the flux capacitor when he was grabbing it out of the Delorian for me...

    ReplyDelete