Friday, April 24, 2009

April 23rd

Why is it that it always seems to rain on a Thursday when I have to make my way up that M50? Pouring again but out I went to DCU to educate the masses. Cost me €20 on petrol, another €1.35 on a banana and popcorn and €5.60 on the Toll so I really hope they learned something. At least I remembered how cold it's been out there lately and dressed for the location. One of my students, however, obviously impervious to the arctic temperatures had decided to do a naked run through a lecture theatre and film it for his presentation and also the class's pleasure. A+ I think!

€26.95

I have just spent hours with mixers, food processers and blenders in preparation for Saturday's feast. I truly am a culinary genius. Well, Jamie Oliver is, I just followed his recipe. Never mind the fact that there may be more food splattered all over me and my kitchen than is actually left to eat. I have made the most amazing thai green curry paste (though I am mildly concerned about the lemongrass stalks still being a little stalky), a most delicious roasted red pepper hummus and also have started in on the cake, which, once decorated and drowned in booze will be a gastronomic extravaganza! Mmmmm. Pity it will be covered in cream so I won't be able to eat any L

€48.56 on groceries.

Total spent today - €75.51

No comments:

Post a Comment