Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 15th

Soy milk – not a fan. I'm sitting here with a cappuccino made from said liquid and it's just not doing the business. I suppose at this point I should mention that far from ordering a soy cappuccino for kicks, I did it because I'm desperately trying to emerge from a dairy coma that had afflicted me for the past few weeks. After many years of binging on cheese, with only an ever-increasing waistline as evidence of my misdemeanours, the rest of my body is now taking a stand and fighting me on my addiction. I've now had it with the constant bunged-upness, morning sore throats and puffy face so am fighting back. Actually, perhaps I'm surrendering, I'm not too sure. A consequence of this fight/surrender is my current adventure with soy milk. The result of that little experiment is that I may now no longer be a coffee drinker. Also bought an egg mayo sambo and spent ages reading the ingredients for signs of dairy. Couldn't find any so went ahead with the purchase only to discover that the bread was actually buttered. Then again, it could have been spread with anything so I'm not too concerned.

Coffee and Sambo - €5

It seems to be a day of living dangerously. Prior to the aforementioned food adventure, I took my life into my own hands on the M50 this morning. Of course I left it till the last possible day to go out to DCU and finally organise things so I could actually get paid. And on this last possible day it was raining so heavily that I could hardly see the road in front of me let alone the cars. A terrifying experience altogether. The good news is that I made it back safely and can now look forward to a slightly healthier looking bank account come May than the one I've been scared to look at since before Christmas.

€5.60 on the toll bridge.

€2 on an apple, pear and ginger juice. Much nicer than a soy coffee and better for the digestion too!

My FaceBook status currently reads "Cathy McGouran is contemplating Picnics of an Electric variety". After discovering that an Electric Picnic ticket costs €240, I am no longer contemplating. I am most definitely not going to be paying Stradbally Estate a visit this September.

No comments:

Post a Comment