Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 14th – Prodigal Blogger Returns

Hi all and apologies to any of you who've been missing my posts! If I had a tail it would be between my legs right about now. For those of you who thought I'd cracked and suspected my almost 2 week absence was due to an uncontrollable shopping binge, I'm afraid I've got little to report. What started out as a day or two that "I must catch up on" and a receipt or two that "I really must find" quite simply snowballed to a point where I didn't have a clue where to start again! So here's hoping my temporary absence will be forgiven, that a blind eye will be turned and that the next few weeks of "not shopping" will be recorded here for posterity for you all to see.

I could try to begin I suppose by attempting a rundown of some of my more significant expenditures of the past 11 days, though now that I think back, none were really all that noteworthy. There have been few nights out, no extravagant meals, no cinema trips (much to my disgust – does nobody want to see Marley and Me?). There have been a few boozy nights in, accompanied by some serious culinary adventures, the most exciting of which involved some pizza making with two little helpers of the toddler variety. Other than that – nada. I did log on to eBay last week to help my brother locate a new back to his phone, once found I bought it for him as it was only $4 and he doesn't have a paypal account. Besides, I like the fix rather than replace mentality!

Today however, I did finally crack and get my hair done. I couldn't even look at my reflection anymore my roots were that bad. I was beginning to feel I had more brown hair than blond and that the only things preventing this from being true were the greys that jumped up and waved at me every time I went to the mirror for an inspection. After today's visit to the lovely Amanda I can now confirm with utmost certainty that I do have more brown hair than blond as I made an executive decision to rid myself of the highlights that have been my crown for so many years. They were just getting far too expensive to maintain. Word from Amanda is that I am far from the first fake Blond to walk out of there a reformed Brunette in recent times. It seems that easi meche, though easy on the eye is not so easy on the wallet. €105 incl tip which is a saving of about €50 on the usual price for a "do". Have myself a nice new cut also and all in all I must admit I quite like the result.

I made a trip to the Fruit and Veg shop and also to SuperValu this evening to give Jamie Oliver's Thai Green Curry a go. I got the best present in the world yesterday. Olivia and Conor bought me "Jamie's Ministry of Food". Wohoo! I suspect they were worried it would grow legs and disappear off out the door with me some Sunday night if they didn't take action. Or perhaps they were just getting sick of me pouring over their recipe books every time I visited and not engaging anyone in conversation unless it was food related. Either way I got my hands on it. Funnily enough I'd only been flicking through it in Eason's earlier that day showing mum all the recipes I'd been dying to try out. As for the outcome of the curry; I think a "could do better" should be appearing on my report card. Just a tad watery but nothing that can't be improved upon for next time. I'm dying to try out the Smoked Mackerel pate too. Yum.

Total Spent today: €124.80

No comments:

Post a Comment