Friday, April 17, 2009

April 16th

Took another delightful drive up the M50 in the pissings of rain this morning in an attempt to educate some of DCUs finest. Oh the joys of market segmentation and positioning just cannot be overstated. Stopped off along the way for petrol, popcorn and water but was still starving by the time I left.

€5.60 for the Toll

€20 for petrol

€2.09 for water and popcorn.

After battling with the traffic and the elements I finally made it back to the familiar territory of Dublin 14. I immediately bypassed Tesco in Rathfarnham, remembering all too well my last shopping experience there, and zipped on up the road to SuperValu where I bought 2 tins of beans and some fish fingers – oh and some dry roasted peanuts. As I was freezing, I also accepted a free sample of green tea from the Lyons sample girl. This proved to be a mistake. When I got to the till I put it down beside me so I could wrestle with the other shopping that was weighing me down. The boy on the till then tried to pick it up to scan it and subsequently spilled it all over the place, creating a mess and a commotion that I was in no fit state to cope with. We got it wiped up fairly quickly and life in SuperValu soon returned to normal as I scooted off home to make my dinner. Fish fingers, beans and homemade chips – yum! I did however notice that Bird's Eye seem to have done something to their fish fingers. I'm pretty sure there is no longer Cod in the batter, which is fine. But said batter has also changed somewhat and I'm not sure I approve. The fingers themselves also seemed smaller than usual – unsettling. My chipies however were delicious and the beans topped off a good hearty dinner.

€5ish for the nuts, beans and chips (can't find the receipt).

Am now sitting on the couch with the dogs watching "the Wire". A perfect way to end a grey rainy day.

Total Spent today - €32.69

No comments:

Post a Comment